Yesterday we had a visit from Bruce Potter, an Author and Illustrator from New Zealand. He demonstrated how we can 'doodle' and together with Room 8, 11 and 13 created a very wacky character!
Here are some things that Room 11 took away from his one hour visit:
· Use your imagination
· You can create your own drawing
· You can make a book from a drawing
· You can do anything want – there are NO RULES!
· Mr Potter adds things onto his picture
· He uses detail
· Big eyes and big smile = likeable character (happy)
· ‘Pac-man’ in the eye
· Draw a shadow when someone is standing on the ground
We went back to class and decided to create our own doodles! Remembering all the things that we learnt from Mr Potter. We will post the finished products soon, so watch this space! :)